Thursday, January 28, 2010

Amazing Parents

I am so lucky to have such amazing parents and my kids are so lucky to have such amazing grandparents.
Ron and I are both working odd hours and full time... we try to maximize the amount of time that one of us is home with the kids... but we still run into some overlap time where we need sitters and I feel like I spend a lot of evenings alone with the kids and Ron feels like he spends a lot of nights alone with the kids ~ and of course, I usually feel behind with cleaning house, paying bills, running a business, doing homework/reading with Ethan, etc...
Mom and Dad are always there to lighten the load... Mom and Dad have me & the kids over for dinner several times per week (and then send me to work with a plate of food)... they also watch the kids several times per week... tonight Mom took Addison to a church meeting with her and Dad took Ethan indoor rock climbing while Ron played in his city basketball game. On top of this, Mom surprised me with food at work tonight. I know my parents LOVE my little family and it feels so good to know when Ethan and Addison are with them they are so well taken care of.
Thanks Mom & Dad ~ I love you ~ look for photos of Mom & Dad with my cute kids tomorrow...

2 comments:

Erin and Zach said...

Aaaww I love them. They are awesome, aren't they?? But really, how can they resist taking care of your cute little munchkins?

We're lucky kids.

Cathy said...

Hey--when you kids finally figure out who the lucky ones are it will make you smile!!