Thursday, January 21, 2010

Team BYU

It has been pouring rain for 3 days here in Napa. After a great day of sleep (thanks to Ron always doing his best to let me sleep after my night shifts), I noticed Ethan had quite the excess energy to burn. I told him to get dressed in warm clothes because we were going to find a place for him to burn some energy... I was going to let him run around in the rain but then came up with another idea and we hit up the church gym. Ethan was on BYU's basketball team, I was on the Colts and Grandma was on the Dolphins.
This is Ethan warming up...

This is Ethan showing off his BYU basketball...

We switched off playing with Ethan and rooting for him (I was the "mom" and grandma was the "dad") ~ Despite what you may think from the teams we were all on, Ethan knows the game of basketball pretty well from years of watching Uncle Zach play. He did warm-up layups, free throws, stretches and around the back dribbling... such a bundle of energy. I arrived back home just in time for a great dinner made by Ron, kisses from my little girl and back to work tonight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw! i wish i was there to cheer for him! we have tickets to every byu basketball game.... you should bring him to one!!!!!! love devyn (even on jasons name!)

Erin and Zach said...

So cute! Hehe, grandma was the "dad"
Ethan is so creative, I love it and it amazes me all the information he retains! I hope work went well last night and that ron let you sleep a little more again today :)

Miss you guys!

Cathy said...

Only for my Grandson would I play against BYU and be the "Dad",,, it was hysterical every time Ashley would cheer for him he would say no ash--remember you're the mom and your cheer goes like this -- "Go Ethan!" and he would say it in a real sing song high voice--where did that come from??

Anonymous said...

I am going to brainwash him to go to BYU!!!